SUMMARY Responsible for communication activities, recruitment and selection along with other general HR responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and administers the Engineering Co-op program in Milwaukee and Michigan.
- Maintains and develops social media sites for recruiting and employee relations purposes, AIM (Intranet), TV monitors. Leads the STRATOSPHERE team.
- Manages the hiring process for hourly and entry level salaried, co-ops and interns including phone screens, interviews, presentation of the Company, reference checking, etc. May assist with other hiring projects as needed.
- Makes employment offers following approval of terms and salary.
- Develops and maintains relationships with educational institutions, employee agencies and other sources of applicants.
- Manages iCIMS applicant tracking system including job library, job board contracts, quality of data, etc.
- Develops and maintains internal job posting program.
- Completes and submits compensation surveys as needed.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Represents the Company at job and career Fairs professionally and reaches out to community groups to sell STRATTEC as a “great place to work”.
- Prepares and coordinates appropriate reports for federal reporting requirements (EEO-1 and Affirmative Action Plan). - Works with outside agency to answer questions and clarify data issues in order to complete the required documentation for affirmative plans.
- May assist with other projects as available.
- Creates and runs specialized requested Ceridian reports as requested by HR Department and/or management staff.
- Backs up others in the department as needed.
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience in recruiting.
Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Internet experience with social media (Facebook, LinkedIn) and other database (HRIS, applicant tracking systems and other web-hosted HR products).
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to exchange information, persuade/gain consensus, implement decisions and/or obtain approvals.
Must be able to interact professionally and communicate with associates at all different levels within the organization.
Must have previous recruiting experience, including behavioral interviewing, reference checking, college recruiting, etc.
Must be familiar with employment processes, employment legal requirements and affirmative action.
Must be detail oriented and familiar with administrative processes, able to multi-task and provide excellent customer service.
Second language (Spanish) helpful.