Non-supervisory process technician performing various duties related to production support, new product sampling and qualification of tooling. Optimization of process parameters and automated equipment/robots.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support sampling of new and exsisting tooling.
- Communicate with engineers, designers, toolmakers and department personnel as needed to perform the
duties of this position.
- Asist in the training of new operators.
- Maintain accurate records of all sampling and troubleshooting activities and be able to write summaries/reports.
- Work with Process Engineering to develop/refine the process as it relates to specific
tools and machines.
- Facilitate the start up of new manufacturing processes.
- Production support activities as assigned.
- Make machine and robot adjustments as needed.
- Assist in trouble shooting machine and part quality issues.
- Participate in cross-functional team collaboration as required.
- May be required to travel in support of tooling start up at other locations when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Excellent mechanical aptitude.
High school diploma required.
Excellent computer skills required.
Experience training production operators required.
Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing environment required.
Previous experience with 6 axis robotic arms is desireable.
Die cast or punch press experience is desireable.
MSSC Certified Process Technician is desireable.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.