STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. As a result, there are several initiatives to move those systems from mechanical to electronic type systems. These initiatives create exciting opportunities to those people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer in implementing this technology by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are. We want to know what motivate you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing electronic and innovation team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude, strong HW/SW/Testing skills, and have a multidiscipline background and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to development a new group internally, develop internal electronics competency.
If you are one of those people who like to build a team and strong electronic competency in addition to seeing your own ideas to come to life, apply quickly!
Job Title: Electrical Hardware System Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude, skilled at prototype and production development; have a multidiscipline background and a passion for innovation.
- Leadership skills to develop STRATTEC’s capability in electronic hardware design and system developments in the area of wireless domain, battery operated devices, and motor/solenoids type products.
- Focal point for electrical hardware design technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and techniques.
- Potentially to organize and lead team member activities according to priorities established by senior management.
- Lead assignments with remote team members across the globe such as China, India, and Europe.
- Shall be part of quote team to provide technical assistance from Hardware & Software, Piece Price cost estimations, Design optimization, Technical meetings with OEM for an product requirement to create business opportunities.
- System Level Architecture definition for Hardware and Software requirements of the product (Preferred knowledge with Renesas, NXP, Infineon, STMicroelectronics, Microchip Microcontrollers and motor drivers)
- Must exhibit knowledge to derive functional safety requirements for a product in compliance with ISO26262 standard.
- Perform Electrical circuit design, simulation and analysis of mixed signal electronics circuits, Power electronics circuits, Wireless circuits, PCB Layout, System test and validation to meet technical product and safety requirements.
- Work closely with cross functional teams mechanical and software teams to enable manufacturable unique solutions.
- Perform hardware validation of products with test equipment’s and generate test reports compliance with Automotive OEM Standards
- Perform pre-compliance testing for EMI/EMC compliance and certification of product at external certified labs.
- Support Manufacturing plant with technical assistance for pre and post production of the product.
- Perform advanced Research, explore & prove out new technologies in the market, chipsets, and processes for inclusion in future projects