STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude; have a multidiscipline background, and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to develop a new group internally.
If you are one who like to build a team, has strong skillsets and likes to see your own ideas come to life, apply quickly!
This position will be responsible for supervising activities related to the daily operation of Strattec’s manufacturing departments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supervising activities related to safety, quality, personnel, assets, inventory, KPIs and production of all products originating in the manufacturing department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sustain a strong 5s culture through maintaining initiatives and identifying new opportunities for improvement
- Support 5s training opportunities for all individuals
- Enforce adherence to and drive continuous improvement in all matters of safety
- Identify areas where safety corrective actions are needed and drive implementation
- Maintain 5s and safety KPIs, for report out to upper management team on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure the department is “tour and audit” ready at all times
- Understand and communicate department goals and objectives to all team members
- Manage personnel and assets to ensure efficient operations
- Responsible for meeting department schedule and production goals, and accounting for negative variance through corrective actions
- Establish strong bond and dedication between management and hourly workforce through communication, feedback and recognition
- Develop and implement an action plan to improve employee engagement score
- Responsible for coaching and developing team and providing them with the tools necessary to succeed
- Meet or exceed all KPI expectations
- Strictly adhere to production processes set by engineering and quality team. Include engineering and relevant personnel when deviation from standard is required
- Follow all processes related to quality certifications (ISO, TS)
- Manage resources to limit and minimize inefficiencies and unnecessary overtime and cost overruns
- Ensure equipment is maintained and run to specification to reduce premature wear, failure or non-performance of manufacturing assets
- Maintain ownership of machines – both maintenance and cleanliness to ensure long life and operational effectiveness
- Adhere to all production processes as defined in work instructions. Do not deviate from established production process unless written authorization is obtained from proper personnel
- Ensure employees have adequate training to support operational processes
- Ensure all process documentation is followed and identify processes for improvement
- Be prepared to participate in customer and quality audits where required
- Establish a quality-first culture. Manufacturing of non-conforming goods cannot be accepted
- Ensure all tools have the necessary preventative maintenance to avoid quality issues and maximize uptime
- This position will be participating in customer tours where needed
- Hourly workforce will be required to help give tours and explain their duties as it relates to producing quality product for our customers
- Supervisors will be responsible for manufacturing product that meets customer acceptance criteria
- Implementing Lean tools such as Kaizen and 5s activities will be required to meet cost reduction goals
- All processes must continually reviewed to ensure the most efficient methodologies are utilized
- Participation in Kaizen events will be required
- Supervisors must be responsible for identifying and implementing cost savings projects throughout the year
- Position will be required to understand and utilize 5-Why and other problem solving tools
Manage employees, including selection, discipline, and termination decisions according to legal and union contract requirements. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.