- Must be able to conceptualize, plan and develop small mechanical/electrical devices such as automotive latches, power, or seating mechanisms.
- Must be able to perform engineering calculations for determining strength and release forces of latches.
- Must have the ability to design springs and perform spring force/stress calculations as required.
- Must have experience with DFMEA, DFM, DFA, is required. Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints.
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T principles.
- Must have experience in performing tolerance stacks.
- Must have experience dimensioning and applying tolerances to components and assemblies.
- Must have experience with design for manufacturability/assembly (mechanisms, metal stampings, plastic injection molded parts, die cast parts, gears etc).
- Must have mechanical aptitude to work with tools in tearing down product assemblies.
- Must have mechatronic experience.
- Must be able to multi-task, plan and organize work.
- Must be able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate ideas.
- Must be able to present engineering data and progress directly to customers.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with MS Office applications required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Should have experience in formal root cause analysis methodology. Red X or 8D is preferred.
- Should have experience in working with CAE analysis team (FEA, ADAMS, Moldflow etc).
- Should have 3D modeling experience (Pro-E, UG/NX or Catia)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSME, BSIE or related technical degree is required.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in product development required. Engineering co-op experience may be applied.
- Previous project leadership preferred.
- Business knowledge, understanding preferred
- Product design experience of seat or body hardware mechanisms is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Good oral and written English language skills.
- German and/or Spanish language knowledge desirable.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively represent information and respond to questions in a meeting
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.