The Application Engineer will be responsible to provide on-site customer support for the execution of a power door ECU. He/she will be the primary interface between the project design team and the customer.
• Supports and participates in formal technical discussions and reviews with customers.
• Understand the customer’s product development process and coordinate with the design team and suppliers the customer deliverables, timing and expectations.
• Troubleshoot software controls and system issues on the system benches, customer builds and vehicles.
• Support system and vehicle electrical testing as needed.
• Perform customer design release functions if required.
• Identifies and maintains strong relationships with the key customer decision makers
• Leads customer electrical meetings, documents and tracks action items
• Although the control module will be the main area of responsibility, SPA is supplying a complete power door system and therefore the candidate will need to familiarize herself with other mechanisms in the system and on occasion provide support.
• Identifies new product/technology opportunities and solutions
• Travel, as required up to 20%.
• Minimum BS in Engineering with a strong preference for Electrical or Computer Engineering
• 2+ years experience in automotive electronics development
• Experience with automotive body electronics modules involving digital microcontrollers and high current motor drive controls preferred.
• Experience with Ford product development preferred.
• Must be able to exercise responsibility without direct supervision
• Must be able to resolve conflicts.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.