GENERAL: Responsible for the implementation of customer product programs on time, within budget and at a quality level that conforms to agreed-upon customer requirements. Tracking conformance to requirements, highlighting areas for improvement and implementing those deemed appropriate to maximize EVA. Manages program timelines by directing, coordinating and communicating to all SSC internal functional groups assigned to program, and customer functional groups and platform teams.
• Release customer programs into PDP using electronic project management tools, manage change process as it affects the program and maintain evidence of compliance: PDP/Electronic program books.
• Plan and implement programs following PDP guidelines and SSC standards through manufacturing acceptance and full production
• Lead internal and customer communication to ensure all program related deliverables and expectations are met.
• In conjunction with various functional groups, track customer program related timing progress for capital and tooling.
• Identify resource requirements to meet customer/program requirements to SSC business criteria. Work with functional managers to communicate and prioritize resource requirements and expectations.
• Exercise responsibility without direct authority to assemble, plan, hold accountable, lead and motivate team members to achieve goals of quoted program, team, SSC and customer.
• Primary Program contact for Customer Management, Voice to the Customer, ensuring needs are clearly heard with the organization.
• Drive continuous improvement and customer satisfaction for program related activities.
• Conduct cross-functional program review meetings, maintain program open issues records and escalate issues effectively and in a timely manner to management as required.
• Identify and resolve cross-functional disputes.
• Support financial reviews at the customer (change board meetings, etc.) and piece price negotiations as they relate to product changes and cost downs.
• Support customer-based and product-based weekly management reviews.
• Conduct program overview meeting with executive group as required.
• Understand critical path of activities for each program, assess associated risks, proactively alert customer, team leaders and SSC functional leaders (as needed) of potential issues to mitigate risks and ensure that effective containment exists in those areas where program activities and/or resources are of concern to meet overall goals and objectives.
• Assist in creating and executing strategy to diversify customer base and assist to expand vehicle content.
• Travel, as required up to 20%.
• Understanding of the PDP process preferred.
• Must have an understanding of financial concepts: financial statements, budgeting and pricing.
• Must be highly organized and possess good leadership/facilitation skills.
• Must understand manufacturing processes, including component assembly, electronics assembly, test and plastic injection molding.
• Must be able to exercise responsibility without direct authority.
• Must be able to resolve conflicts.
• Must have excellent communication skills, especially with customers and executives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum BS in Business or Engineering with BSEE preferred.
• 4-10 years experience in automotive engineering program management. Automotive embedded systems experience strongly preferred.
• Must have experience in leading a cross functional team and meetings.
• Must have experience in creating timelines and progress tracking to agreed upon criteria.
• Proficiency in Spanish, German or Mandarin preferred.
• Automotive experience required. Specific experience with automotive electronics products and/or the FCA customer preferred.
• Experience with global programs preferred.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.