- Must be able to conceptualize, plan and develop small electro-mechanical devices and mechanisms.
- Must be able to perform strength of material and static force calculations.
- Must have the ability to design springs and perform spring force/stress calculations is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Must have mechanical aptitude to work with tools in tearing down product assemblies.
- Must be able to multi-task, plan and organize work efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate ideas.
- Must be able to present engineering data and progress directly to customers.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Should have experience with DFMEA, DFM, DFA.
- Should have experience in performing tolerance stacks.
- Should have experience dimensioning and applying tolerances to components and assemblies.
- Should have a working knowledge of GD&T principles.
- Should have experience with design for manufacturability/assembly (mechanisms, metal stampings, plastic injection molded parts, die cast parts, gears etc).
- Should have 3D modeling experience (Pro-E, UG/NX or CATIA V5).
- Should have experience in designing gears and performing gear calculations.
- Should have experience in formal root cause analysis methodology. Red X or 8D is preferred.
- Should have an understanding of CAE analysis (FEA, ADAMS, Moldflow etc).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BSME or related technical degree is required.
- 1-5 years minimum experience in product development required. Engineering co-op experience may be applied.
- Previous project leadership desirable.
- Product design experience of mechanisms is desirable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Good oral and written English language skills.
- German and/or Spanish language knowledge desirable.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively represent information and respond to questions in a meeting
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.