ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With direction from Product Engineer, creates and modifies assembly and component models as part of the product design process.
- Creates and modifies models and drawings per SSC standards and customer requirements.
- Operates a CAD terminal to produce models and detailed drawings of a wide range of parts and assemblies.
- Designs and Develops future product concepts.
- Processes changes and associated change documentation on existing product.
- Assists Product Engineer in design analysis.
- Supports Product Engineers in preparing layouts and other engineering documents for design reviews
- Participates in design review meetings.
- Participates in problem solving and continuous improvement efforts.
- Design for manufacturability suitable to part production process (assembly, metal stampings, plastic injection molding)
- Work concurrently with tool design group and/or purchase part vendors as required during part design process to insure manufacturability
- Proactively offers potential design solutions.
- Assists in procurement and builds of prototypes as directed by the Engineer.
- Performs and assists Product Engineering with stack-ups as required.
- Occasional travel to suppliers, manufacturing, and technical centers as required
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be proficient in Catia V5.
- Able to create engineering prints.
- Must be able to conceptualize, plan and design mechanical devices.
- Must have a working understanding of GD&T.
- Must be able to perform tolerance stacks.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Able to interact with Engineering, Sales and Program Business Managers
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to multi-task, plan and organize required.
- Experience with Windchill preferred.
- Experience with DFMEA and FEA desirable.
- Experience with Pro-E or UG NX desirable.
- Associate's degree in Design/Drafting (2 yrs Associate of Applied Science).
- 5-10 years of experience in CAD Modeling and Drafting.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.