• Analyses accident and injury causes and associated hazards to correct unsafe conditions.
• Creates safety policies and procedures to be followed by company and plant personnel in compliance with local, state, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
• Reviews design and use new of equipment or machinery to determine if adequate safety precautions are in place.
• Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventive measures where indicated.
• Compiles, submits, and retains reports, records, and information required by regulatory agencies.
• Administers worker compensation program, working with the HR Generalist and the insurance carrier to reduce lost time and unjust claims.
• Creates and coordinates training programs to increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety culture.
• Compiles and analyzes accident and injury data for periodic reporting and prioritizing corrective actions.
• Ensures an adequate team of First Aid responders is maintained on all shifts.
• Interfaces with other remote U.S. sites to assure safety compliance.
• Serves as a member of the HAZMAT Team.
• Administers security operations.
Four year college or university degree; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
Professional certification preferred; Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST), Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer (CET), etc.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.