Non-supervisory process technician performing various duties related to the sampling and qualification of tooling and the optimization of process parameters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform set-up and sampling of new and exsisting die cast tooling.
- Communicate with engineers, designers, toolmakers and department personnel as needed to perform the duties of this position.
- Maintain accurate records of all sampling activities and be able to write summaries/reports.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop/refine the process as it relates to specific
tools and machines.
- Production support activities as assigned.
- Make machine and robot adjustments as needed.
- Assist in trouble shooting machine and part quality issues.
- Participate in cross-functional team collaboration as required
- May be required to travel in support of tooling start up at other locations when necessary.
- Provide on-the-job training and certification to die cast set up technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma required.
Three years manufacturing work experience desirable.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.