* Develop supplier score cards
* Maintain supplier relations
* Perform supplier audits and facilitate self-surveys
* Investigate supplier quality/delivery issues
* Maintain supplier certifications i.e. CQI- and ISO
* Evaluate incoming inspection issues
* Implement dock to stock with risk reduction
* Represent Supplier quality in new product development
* Keep a constant communication between STRATTEC and our suppliers.
* Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
* Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
* Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals
* Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
* Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
* Develop long‐term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas
* Assist Manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process
* Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
* Communicate engineering and manufacturing specifications to supplier technical teams
* Actively manage suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation of new processes
* Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems
* Assure compliance to all applicable legal requirements pertaining to the environmental aspects and impacts. Work to help achieve the performance goals established in the environmental measurement areas. Offer suggestions that can lead to improved environmental performance whenever possible.
Education / Experience:
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.