1. Obtains Unimates from each machine and delivers it to Die Cast Tech II or Supervisor.
2. Monitors area machine light board to identify any other machine shutdowns. Also checks red signals at adjacent machines.
3. Prioritizes work load by checking “workload sheets”, reviewing balances, and set ups needed, noting machine defects, and identifying machines shut down as noted on light board.
4. Complete Machine set- ups. * (Conventional and Techmire performed by 2 people for die, nozzle installation.)
5. Complete First Piece Inspection requirements (Run metal through machine, insure machine is running satisfactorily, making appropriate adjustments, taking a new “good” piece to compare against board example piece)
6. Perform troubleshooting to identify why machine is shut down.
7. Complete any assigned machine repairs.
8. Complete required operational inspection duties hourly as specified.
9. Move component pans/ highboys to and from machines for operation.
10. Empty pans of scrap parts into scrap bins.
11. Clean assigned machine work area at end of shift.
Satisfactorily Pass the Set up Helpers Test
Good judgement and decision making.
Ability to attain precise limits, tolerances and standards