Under minimum supervision, perform all tasks related to the design and manufacture of progressive stamping tooling and fixtures. Includes diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with existing tooling as well as designing for new construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conceptualizes, plans and executes the design of progressive stamping tooling.
* Analyzes product designs for manufacturing feasibility and makes improvement recommendations to shorten delivery
time, cut costs and improve quality.
* Specifies purchased tooling components and follows through for timely and accurate delivery (die sets and other
* Collaborates in a team environment with product designers, process engineers, production personnel, toolmakers,
CNC programmers and various vendors to optimize tool design per suggestions of above team members.
* Publishes and disseminates models and drawings to management, programmers, toolmakers, and other users.
* Assist in tracking tool progress in terms of both budget and timing.
* Follows established standards and procedures including modeling techniques, file storage procedures and training in
accordance with quality procedures.
* Assists in the development tooling standards in team based environment.
* Participates in tooling design reviews providing suggestions for improvement where necessary.
* Must understand tooling and manufacturing processes that relate to the industry.
* Must have the ability to visualize complex 3-dimensional geometry and motion.
* Must possess creative/innovative mechanical aptitude.
* Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills required.
* Must be willing and able to work in a team environment.
* Must have strong CAD skills (3-D tool design in Solidworks preferred)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Must have experience in progressive stamping tool design and layout.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
3-5 years (minimum) progressive stamping tool design experience.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.