Under minimum supervision, perform all tasks related to the design and manufacture of zinc die cast and plastic injection mold tooling. Includes diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with existing tooling as well as designing for new construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conceptualizes, plans, and executes the design of zinc die cast and plastic injection mold tooling.
* Analyzes product designs for manufacturing feasibility and makes improvement recommendations to shorten delivery
time, cut costs and improve quality.
* Specifies purchased tooling components and follows through for timely and accurate delivery (mold frames, other
* Collaborates in a team environment with product designers, process engineers, production personnel, toolmakers,
CNC programmers and various vendors to optimize tool design per suggestions of above team members.
* Publishes and disseminates models and drawings to management, programmers, toolmakers, and other users.
* Assist in tracking tool progress in terms of both budget and timing.
* Follows established standards and procedures including modeling techniques, file storage procedures and training in
accordance with quality procedures.
* Assists in the development tooling standards in team based environment.
* Participates in tooling design reviews providing suggestions for improvement where necessary.
* Must have experience in plastic injection or die cast tool design and layout. Die cast design experience preferred.
* Must be familiar with common die cast tool components including necessary fits and clearances.
* Must have the ability to visualize complex 3-dimensional geometry and motion.
* Must possess creative/innovative mechanical aptitude.
* Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be willing and able to work in a team environment.
* Must have strong CAD skills (Pro/E, PDMLink preferred)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
3-5 years die cast tool design experience.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.