Summary of duties:
- Must be capable of trouble shooting and problem solving during tool repair process.
- Notify Supervisor of issues that affect cost and timing.
- Must be capable of measuring and machining parts to print tolerances.
- Must be capable of expediting tool repairs within tool room or with vendors.
- Must be capable of adjusting schedules to react to changes in resources (personnel/equipment).
- Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when necessary to replenish departmental supplies.
- Assist in training other Tool and Die Maker personnel.
- Perform other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Must be capable of independently producing tooling from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to proper tool room methods (i.e. deliverables).
Tools and equipment used:
- Computers and printers, micrometer, calipers, scales, blueprints, comparator.
- Ordinary standard gages, CMM, ordinary special gages.
- All department machinery, (including but not limited to):CNC machines, mills, lathes, grinding machines, drills, heat treating equipment, etc., reports, printouts, and forms.
- Various types of material handling equipment, including scales, power hand trucks, hand trucks, hand carts, etc.,
- Various hand tools, various containers including high boys, pans, bulk boxes, tubs, etc.
- Must have a journeyman card and 8 years of experience.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.