Entry level Customer Service Representative position. Requires basic and extensive training and supervision with regards to understanding and executing the Customer Service function at STRATTEC. All aspects of the Customer Service Representative 1 position pertain to this position under direct supervision. Employee must demonstrate the ability to perform all related duties independently and with limited supervision before advancing to the Customer Service Representative 2 position..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
* Solicits and maintains favorable contact with current and potential customer.
* Manages customer product orders from order entry to consumption at the customer's plant.
* Analyzes reasonableness of customer demand to determine over/under demand errors or demand in excess of quoted capacity, and takes appropriate corrective action.
* Develops and coordinates a shipping plan and shipping plan changes.
* Reviews STRATTEC product inventories in customers' plants five times a day to detect daily demand changes (Chrysler, Ford).
* Has complete understanding of each customer's scheduling, releasing and receiving systems.
* Has complete understanding of each customer's delivery expectations.
* Maintains all current records and necessary historical data accurately for all products.
* Initiates and executes inventory obsolescence claims to the customer.
* Analyze, find cause and correct shipping discrepancies between STRATTEC and customer records.
* Manage effectivity dates for product changes with Production Control Inventory Analyst.
* Approve freight debit notes.
* Dispute debit notes, with supporting documentation, to the customer.
* Fill out premium freight forms, as needed.
* Review, analyze, challenge and report on customer monthly rating of STRATTEC in terms of delivery performance.
* Participate in customer provided training sessions, product launch meetings, etc.
* Visit on site with customer plant schedulers for the purpose of relationship building, problem resolution and value creation.
* Participate in problem solving sessions.
* Attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
* Participate in product design reviews.
* Advise product business team of customer service delivery issues, particularly problems whose solution is team related.
* Advise product business team of new or revised expectations by the customer.